<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 29, 2003

Ewww... Have just spent the last couple of hours gorging on blogs and am now feeling unwell, this was the main offender. I blame TV, although I trumpeted long and hard about the greatness of the summer programming schedule it seems to have let me down. Take this moment for example, probably the best thing that is on is Will and Grace and I loathe Will and Grace (this is not counting movies of course, cos I just don't feel like I can commit to a movie at this instant). I shared a defining I Hate You moment with Will and Grace a couple of years back. You know the ones where you are watching a comedy, and you are kind of smiling more out of politeness than anything else and you suddenly realise, this sucks! I don't have to watch it, there is no need for politeness here, and if the writers have been unable to summon up one gag in half an hour the show is not deserving of my attention. Perhaps I take my TV a mite too seriously but hey it's nearly always been there for me in the past so when it lets me down it feels like an old friend has sucker punched me.